When I interviewed him in
1974, Robin Kenyatta allowed that, for him, "jazz has always been about
stomping your feet or clapping your hands; it's always been about being happy.
I don't mean I just want to work in discotheques or play for dancers, but I want
the feeling to be there. People should feel like dancing, feel like being
happy. That's the feeling I always try to keep in my mind." Nomusa isn't a
heavy, get-down dancing album. It's a light, pirouetting,
on-your-toes-and-into-the-air dancing album. And feelings, happy feelings, are
definitely what it's about. ~ Bob Palmer.
Muse Records,
MR 5062, 1975
Recorded 28th
January, 1975 at Blue Rock Studios, New York
Musicians:
Robin Kenyatta - Alto
Saxophone, Soprano & Alto Saxes (#A1)
Xaba Ndikho - Piano (#A1)
Dom Salvador - Piano, Organ
(#A1)
Stafford James - Bass
Joe Chambers - Drums
Tracks:
A1. Nomusa {Xaba Ndikho}
(9:33)
A2. Warm Valley {Duke
Ellington} (7:35)
B1. Slow Boat To China {Frank
Loesser} (6:29)
B2. Afternoon Outing {John
Handy} (5:35)
B3. Prettyside Avenue {John
Handy} (6:19)
Note:
#B1 is a duet between Robin
Kenyatta and Dom Salvador with each musician overdubbing a second part.
Credits:
Producer - Michael Cuscuna
Recording Engineer - Eddie
Korvin
Jacket Photo and Design -
Leandro Katz
Liner Notes - Bob Palmer
Also Released as:
Robin Kenyatta - Warm Valley
American Jazz & Blues
History, Vol. 56
Tobacco Road [B/2556]
Germany
------------------------
Happy Bird B/90091 (1975)
Germany


Robin Kenyatta - Nomusa {FLAC} (1975)
ReplyDelete[230.83MB]
https://1fichier.com/?n44ik8pwai
Robin Kenyatta - Nomusa {FLAC} (1975) Side A
[112.84MB]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4q81f70zzf64o79/RK-75-N-SA.rar
Robin Kenyatta - Nomusa {FLAC} (1975) Side B
[117.99MB]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d7gnlevuooxl267/RK-75-N-SB.rar
Many thanks.
ReplyDelete