No, it's not a compilation but one of a series of eight albums recorded for Cadet in the mid-60s.
As vinyl rips go this took some work! But comparing with an mp3 rip I have it seems worth it.
1. Greasy Papa
2. Tangerine
3. Wig Blues
4. Blues #3
5. Win, Lose Or Draw
6. Be Anything But Be Mine
7. Day By Day
Lou Donaldson (as) Bill Hardman (t) William Gardner (org) Calvin Newborn (g) Grady Tate (d)
RCA Studios, New York City, August, 1966
https://1fichier.com/?4rhtm1sbie
ReplyDeletevinyl>flac + scans
If you have problems with ads and pop-ups at 1fichier (or anywhere else) install this free software: 'adblock plus' - you'll wonder how you lived without it!
https://adblockplus.org/
Man, I don't know how I missed this over the years. I guess I must have thought it to be a "Best of".
ReplyDeleteGot it now.
CLASP!
Thank you Grumpy! I also hav a MP3 version, which in general I'm happy with, but the one I have, despite being @320, somehow has a 17 something KHz, which is closer to 192. I sure can use an upgrade! :D
ReplyDeleteEight on Cadet? Got to look through the collection! Thanks for this.
ReplyDeleteNever seen this before - many thanks.
ReplyDeleteHow nice! Thanks Grumpy.
ReplyDeleteshout out for adblock.....thanks Grumps
ReplyDeleteworks great....try it
Thanks for pointing out it wasn't a compilation, Grumpy...and the ad-blocker seems to work a treat... Double thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks Grumpy
ReplyDeleteThanks for the effort Grumpy! I guess Adblock is just what I need.
ReplyDeleteThanks Grumpy!
ReplyDelete