Overall, the vibe is upbeat and fun. There are a couple tracks that include the vocals of Annie De Reuver, and that adds a nice dimension to the pace of the album. Coleman Hawkins really delivers on his solos and makes excellent use of his time. Inventive, witty and soulful chorus' all the way through.
The recording itself is really quite excellent considering its age, 1935 & 37. My LP is actually NM but there is analog noise throughout - this is there from the transfers that Decca performed. Frankly, it's the last thing you will be thinking about once you click play. I ripped this at 24/48 wav and transferred to 24/48 FLAC... enjoy!!!
GNP Crescendo Records
GNP-9003
1968




https://mega.nz/#!UwhA1ZJY!95yjelw8G44ZzAMYwfwYd5WVVaJqI_EYsqeVm2M4O8s
ReplyDeleteYou are correct about the analog noise...it is there on the CDs as well. I love your rips so will get this although I have a 2 CD download. The second CD is alternate takes of the 25 songs on CD1.
ReplyDeleteThank you poppachubby.
What's that set titled dG?
ReplyDeleteColeman Hawkins - Dutch Treat! Coleman Hawkins in Holland ...it's on peers Dutch Blog. I think u r a member there.
ReplyDeleteThanks Poppachubby. The backing group is corny but Hawkins is superlative.
ReplyDeleteHey Pops thanks very much for this post! I must have missed it initially when you posted it. Looking forward to listening tonight or tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteThank you Pops.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much indeed.
ReplyDeleteThank you, PC!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mr PC
ReplyDeleteThank you much !!! This looks incredible.
ReplyDelete