After years of neglect, Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson was finally receiving long overdue recognition at the time of this live session -- one of six albums recorded during a week at Sandy's Jazz Revival. Two of these albums featured tenors Arnett Cobb and Buddy Tate in lead roles. While Vinson has fine blues vocals on "Cherry Red" and "Hold It," it is his boppish alto solos on "Cherokee," "Now's the Time" and "Take the 'A' Train" (the latter also having spots for Cobb and Tate) that make this set recommended to blues and bop fans alike.
The fifth of six records!
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0UV0KTQWBZ
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteUmmm - not sure what you did but they are most certainly not the same files
ReplyDeleteIt's been a real joy to listen through these Sandy's sets over the past few weeks. Thanks for doing the biz KC.
ReplyDelete(I grabbed it from Fichier, that seems to be "exactly what it says on the tin", from Cherry Red thru to A Train)
Another great find KC! And the link is fine.
ReplyDeletesorry, my fault, thank you very much, we can delete these messages
ReplyDeleteThanks, I love these guys and appreciate your work. I have all these in original vinyl, some CDs, and the rest on all these. And I saw the band with Cleanhead at the Vanguard later. Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteDrRay3
Another one I was looking for...thanks for reading my mind, King! :)
ReplyDeleteVery much enjoying Cleanhead playing Cherokee always appreciate your musical education.
ReplyDeleteFirst appreciated his playing with Joe Pass on "Pass Out"
Thinking of you guys while watching Treme (Hope that's no insult)
Many thanks, KC!
ReplyDeleteThis one is new for me so big thanks KC!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much KC . On one of your previous posts I mentioned I would love to hear the other three - it seems my wish is coming true.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much KC . On one of your previous posts I mentioned I would love to hear the other three - it seems my wish is coming true.
ReplyDeleteThanks for another from this great series!
ReplyDeletecan you re-up this
ReplyDelete