Richard 'Groove' Holmes - Shippin' Out
Muse 5134, 1978
recorded 1977
1) Feelings
2) Windows
3) Stella By Starlight
4) Where or When
5) Shippin' Out
Groove Holmes organ, David Schnitter tenor sax, Steve Giordano guitar, Idris Muhammed drums, Bobby Caldwell conga
Aren't those the twin towers of the World Trade Center I see off in the distance on this cover shot?
I guess this one is pretty rare since I can't even find mention of it on
google. I found my copy at a discogs vendor who specializes in punk
rock and when I received it the vinyl looked like some punk rockers had
played frisbee with it. Amazingly enough it played thru after cleaning
without a skip. It was noisy to be sure but I have calmed that down
with Isotope RX.
This is a fine record, Groove is well, Groove and Schnitter and Giordano
give fine performances on tenor and guitar in support. as it says in
the liner notes: "The players are fine. The music is fine. The recording
is excellent. These are the facts."

Thanks KingCake
ReplyDeleteHey KingCake, just a heads up on this one.
ReplyDeleteI just tried to unzip both files and got a "fatal error" message for both of them.
I'm new to this so it could very well just be a problem on my end.
I'll wait to see what you think, and if anybody else has had the same problem. Or success for that matter!
Thanks again!
Okay - tested this first
ReplyDeleteShippin' Out.part1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=2CEDGROCUY
Shippin' Out.part2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=4CYCIAQJK3
Thanks for testing KingCake.
ReplyDeleteI got the same error with part one, but not part two. After unzipping both I checked the folder and it appears all worked out fine.
I'm going to put the files on a CD and listen tonight.
Thanks again for the help.
It worked, played it last night.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Good stuff!
"The players are fine. The music is fine. The recording is excellent. These are the facts."
ReplyDeleteThe perfect statement of real on planet jazz.
Thanks for this groover KC.
Good stuff! I'm really enjoying the music. Thanks KC.
ReplyDeletethank you very much
ReplyDeleteSchnitter and Holmes shld be a real treat. ThnxKC
ReplyDeleteCould you reup?
ReplyDelete