As the group's and album's names suggest, Beatlejazz's A Bite Out of the Apple use Lennon and McCartney tunes as the basis of their jazz improvisations. Tracks like "Junk," "Come Together," "I Am the Walrus," and "Mother Nature's Son" get the jazz trio treatment, resulting in an accessible and often entertaining collection. ~ by Heather Phares, AMG.
Marvellous!
This CD became an instant
favourite of my collection. The pieces are an ingenious transformation of
Beatles compositions into mainstream Jazz. Hardcore Beatles afficionados will
dislike the freedom with which the musicians interpret the originals. It takes
a bit of tolerance to accept Eleanor Rigby as a hard bob piece. But then, this
is what Jazz is about! I particularly marvel at the well-thought-out
interpretations and the technical skill of the musicians. The piano solo on
"I am The Walrus" that mimics the whole orchestra piece at the end
deserves particular recognition. Absolutely Great! ~ Thomas D., Amazon.com.
Zebra Acoustic, ZA 44410-2, 2000
Recorded November, 1998 at
Davis Studio, New York
Musicians:
David Kikoski - Piano,
Arranger
Charles Fambrough - Bass
Brian Melvin - Drums,
Arranger
Tracks:
1. Junk {Paul McCartney}
(5:59)
2. Come Together {John
Lennon, Paul McCartney} (5:45)
3. It's Only Love {John
Lennon, Paul McCartney} (3:58)
4. Love {John Lennon} (7:54)
5. If I Fell {John Lennon,
Paul McCartney} (6:18)
6. Eleanor Rigby {John
Lennon, Paul McCartney} (6:27)
7. I Am The Walrus {John
Lennon, Paul McCartney} (6:03)
8. Within You, Without You
{George Harrison} (5:12)
9. Mother Nature's Son {John
Lennon, Paul McCartney} (6:09)
Total Time: 53:48
Credits:
Producer - David Kikoski
Producer, Mixing &
Mastering - Brian Melvin
Recording Engineer - Steve
Davis
Mixing & Mastering -
Russell Lieblich
Director - Ricky Schultz
Art Direction, Package Design - Doug Haverty

BeatleJazz - A Bite Of The Apple {FLAC} (2000)
ReplyDelete[327.88MB]
https://1fichier.com/?qlc93vrxw1e654uktx2p