I am reflecting on my history here in the blog world - I have a landmark event to set in my mind when it started... it was named Katrina - The original Kingcake Crypt would have started about a month prior, had maybe 3 posts, then it took a 6 month nap...that puts us in 2006. It was a solo act for 3 or 4 years and then I got the brilliant idea to invite partners because they could keep things going and growing with or without me. Turns out to be one of my better ideas in life. I grabbed grumpy before he even had his own place, although that was both imminent and inevitable, I just threw out the first invite. Chris came on board not long after and eventually became the rock of this place that he is now - other partners have come and gone and may be back. We got robot infected and 5 years in did a restart to this place which has 10 years on it now. I kept getting new ideas and wandering off, we did new blogs and met new folks - I guess the smartest thing that I did in all this is pick awesome partners, give them full admin autho so they could do what they wanted...they kept things alive and cooking even when I disappeared for long times - it is cool to have a 'home' to come back to and I've been thinking about what the hell to do to actually contribute here again... I have not ripped a new record for a long time (that is about to change), so I am going to start with some cool stuff I did way back when that hasn't been seen for years - I am gonna start with a Booker Ervin Festival because he is one of MY 'major dudes'.
the tags say that I ripped this album in 2014 - my memory is that the cover was kind of chewed, but the vinyl was pretty clean It is in 16/48 and sounds pretty dang good.
https://www47.zippyshare.com/v/Q8LuuXw9/file.html
ReplyDeleteolá
ReplyDeleteyou all are giving us wonderfull music, please keep on going
thanks a million
joao