Monday, May 16, 2016

A note from KC

It certainly can't have escaped many folks attention that I closed The Crypt and Bolden's the other day in the wake of yet another spate of complaints and arguments over our choices of dl sites. I became so sick and tired of the whole mess that I was ready to call it quits and end this blog's 11 year run. Then something somewhat miraculous happened that has changed my mind - the primary party with whom grumpy and I were arguing actually came to my Chitlin Circuit blog and offered a sincere apology (something which has NEVER happened before!). A little while ago I posted the following advice at Chitlins... and I'm re-opening the blog and passing on that advice here

"Lately there has been a growing number of people getting hostile over choices of dl link providers and some peoples' inability to navigate them to get to the desired link. Most of these sites are something of a minefield to navigate; what appears to be the proper button often isn't and they frequently lead to areas that anti-virus and browser programs read as malware. Usually that is a false positive, but no one needs to take that chance of creating a mess they don't know how to eradicate. There IS, however, an easy solution to this frustrating situation (frustrating to both y'all AND me for different reasons).

I'm going to once more strongly suggest that you take this very easy solution that will prevent you from ever having to go to any of those dl sites ever again; the solution is a freeware program called jdownloader2. (Notice that I have put a link to the clean installers) The program is super easy to learn and all you will need to do is highlite the desired link and the program will show you the direct link and you can then tell it to run the download. Simple eh?

So here is my point, if you don't wish to take this advice then DO NOT come complaining to me about your problems dl-ing a post. I am, quite frankly, not interested."

17 comments:

  1. Nice to have this blog and Bolden's open again. Let's hope we can keep trolls of every shape and size at bay. Again, thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call crispy critter a troll. He was genuinely frustrated trying to navigate mega and chose a poor way to express it. Who hasn't made a similar mistake? Unfortunately he chose a stressful time in my life to express himself and so I was less than receptive and felt walking away was a solution. The fact that he came to Chitlins to voice a sincere apology was impressive and deserving of respect; it was also just about the only thing that would have changed my mind, so here we are,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for reopening the blog and continue to offer good music and wise counsel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I appreciate you and these blogs so much! I was mega sad when I saw you've pulled out, -I'm glad you're back! Your musical wisdom is very important to me! -Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've followed you for a long time, King, and hated to see you disappear like so many others. Kudos to crispy critter for owning up to his mistake, and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KC, years of reading blog comments (and seldom commenting myself! My Bad!!) have led me to believe that the service you provide is a somewhat thankless task. Glad to see that the "offender" in this case manned (or womanned) up, but it is amazing that in this modern age there are those who can't figure out that a quick Google search will answer virtually ANY question!! In any case, your blog should be enjoyable for you, and if the rest of us dig it then that's a bonus. Keep living in the Bonus Round, amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for reminding me about jdownloader, for my new laptop.
    thanks for 11 years of great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. G'wan, KC! The Crypt was one of the first 'proper' blogs I stumbled across, offering information and an interesting viewpoint rather than just download links, and it was you and grumpy who really gave me my start as a blogging 'boy'!! You've got more staying power and tenacity than I would ever have, managing to keep all your blog lines going and live a life....personally, I find it difficult to find the time to do both and resort to a kinda disorganised juggling struggling (and that is merely as a contributor!)
    Top man.....keep the flag flying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, KingCake, for you excellent blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great you're back, your great blog has opened my eyes and ears to so many great artists and music over the years.Truly a gem, so keep up the flag. Unfortunaltely dl trolls all over net with computer skills like a moron....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge thanks for resurrecting the blog KC. I was visiting my father last week, he's 81 and a lifelong jazz lover, at some point of my stay he'll ask me to 'put KingCake on the computer' so he can scroll down through the last few months posts, reading the descriptions and jotting down things he wants me to download, to make him a CD of for the car. When we couldn't see the blog he was very disappointed! So to you, and everyone here who makes this such a great blog, thank you. The old man will be delighted to know the KingCake is back.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for reopening the blogs. Your blog is one of the gateways to artist that I an not familiar with and your chices never steer me wrong. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thnx for the advice and all the good music.

    ReplyDelete
  14. KC, we are really blessed to have such a great person at the helm. I really applaud your show of respect for the apology - it speaks volumes about your character. And of course, you're totally correct... we never see an apology.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just a note to add to my thanks for the fine music you and your colleagues post here. I'd not managed to get JDownloader to work before but, after your heartfelt plea, felt I really had no choice. And this time I managed. It works very well indeed.

    My only complaint? Could have done with it years ago . . .

    Thanks again,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete