Sunday, April 3, 2016

Eric Kloss - We're Goin' Up (1968) [re-rip]

We're Goin' Up’ is the sixth album by saxophonist Eric Kloss which was recorded in 1968 and released on the Prestige label. ~ Wiki

The album finds the 18 year old Kloss in serious company with Jimmy Owens on trumpet, Kenny Barron on piano, Bob Cranshaw on bass and the great Alan Dawson on drums. The music is stunning post-bop. ~ KingCake

Personally, I just love this LP. Eric playing is brilliant and as KC said clearly supported by equally marvellous players. Enjoy!

Prestige Records, PR 7565, 1968?
Recorded 22nd December, 1967, New York City [Taken from Jazzdisco Discography]

Musicians:
Eric Kloss - Alto Saxophone
Jimmy Owens - Trumpet & Flugelhorn
Kenny Barron - Piano
Bob Cranshaw - Bass
Alan Dawson - Drums

Tracks:
1. Get The Money Bluze (2:28)
2. I Long To Belong To You (6:33)
3. Gentle Is My Lover (7:35)
4. We're Goin' Up (5:24)
5. Of Wine And You (5:53)
6. Blues Up Tight (5:48)

All Compositions by Eric Kloss

Credits:
Producer - Don Schlitten
Recording Engineer - Richard Alderson
Cover Design/Art - Irving Riggs

10 comments:


  1. I like Kloss . I know this recording . Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous post. I am envious of anybody who is discovering Kloss for the first time via this post. One of those names that every jazz fan should know. Your posts have been magic lately Chris. I am still spinning ALL of the Kenny Barron albums you shared - pure gold. Thanks for all of your effort my Crypt brother...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rarest of all Kloss albums and an absolute must have for a fan. Thanks for the new rip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I remember a previous reference in other Kloss posts and look forward to this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the solos by Kloss & Owens are really charged up. Thanks Chris!
    -peacenik

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Poppachubby, Kloss is a must for every jazz fan, and one of those players that would deserve more recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been looking for this for a long time. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete