Here's a really exciting live show from the zenith of Shaw's legendary quintet. It's a bootleg, but of considerable quality. The mix is fantastic and as far as bootlegs go, excellent. The original uploader is unknown, as are the details surrounding the recording - it was an FM broadcast. I was able to capture the audio in full WAV format, and then transferred it to FLAC 16/44.1. This concert is another example of how not only Woody Shaw, but his entire quintet came to be masters of the form. The musicianship is second to none while the band interaction is almost psychic in its depth. This is jazz at its finest... enjoy!!!
Parnell's,
Seattle, WA USA
November 21, 1979
01. Intro
02. Rosewood
03. Why
04. Body and Soul
05. Stepping Stones
06. In Your Own Sweet Way
Personnel:
Woody Shaw - trumpet
Onaje Allan Gumbs - piano
Carter Jefferson - tenor sax
Clint Houston - bass
Victor Lewis - drums

https://mega.co.nz/#!x1YjSLxK!2impGrB1Wr7Y2qs-N50lqgkIAxPk6Uxi4qEzshaHa1o
ReplyDeleteI have a couple of other live recordings by this group, so I know this will be great! Many thanks chubbs.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks poppachubby for sharing this great recording.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for this recording . A group to treasure any material.
ReplyDeleteDifficult to believe this was recorded 36 years ago! Whoever put this out did us all a favour. Many thanks for sharing it, poppachubby.
ReplyDeleteYou're right headman, Shaw's sound is still the future. I don't think anybody has really reconciled the gap he left behind. I plan on sharing a few more so keep your eyes peeled.
ReplyDeletethanks poppac..great stuff
ReplyDeletefantastic! Thanks so much, pc. I love this era of Woody Shaw most of all -- really looking forward to this and whatever else may be coming down the pike!
ReplyDeletethank you poppachubby, I'm humming 'In Your Own Sweet Way' in anticipation of hearing this while it downloads....
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for this. Live Woody Shaw is a great, valuable resource. This is some superb music,
ReplyDeleteand special joy for a live "In Your Own Sweet Way."
many thanks... great...
ReplyDelete