Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Blue Mitchell - Vital Blue [new 24/48 vinyl rip]

This one is for grumpy....I find it a little curious that at the time I posted my first rip of this album it was nowhere to be found on the internet, but now it is offered in mp3 form in multiple places. Hmmm - Oh Well, here is a new and final rip in 24/48 flac, sampled down from the original 24/96 wave subsequent to cleaning through Isotope RX.
 
"One of the rarest Blue Mitchell albums for Mainstream – and one of the most beautiful! Unlike the other sessions, most of which are electric funk outings, this one has a more spiritual side, and the kind of soulful approach you'd expect from Strata East. The group features Ernie Watts on tenor, Joe Henderson on flute, and tenor, Walter Bishop on piano, and Susaye Greene singing wordless vocals on a few cuts. Highlights include the odd "Unseen Sounds", which has some great weird flute work from Henderson, plus "Booty Shakin", "Vital Blue", and "Herman's Helmet". Dusty Groove


41 comments:

  1. Ok I've finished dancing around the room with joy (frightened the cat no end) and have actually started to download.
    This is by far and away the best of Blue's Mainstream albums a logical development of his Blue Notes.
    Amazing KC, can't wait to hear this in lossless.
    My thanks are boundless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KingCake, I didn't frighten the cat!. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, but the 21 gun salute scared the shite out of my sheep, who are still bleating now! Cheers, KC.....gonna tell my wife it was your fault.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks kingcake i have a poor mp3 rip of this from years ago, so this is a most welcome upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like Grumpy is Happy. i must be Dopey for not having heard this before. Thanks KC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post KC! This one has been a long time coming for me. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wicked fellaz... I love all of my Crypt brothers and am forever grateful to KC for puttin me on and givin me a platform with which to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is old is new..not even again..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to have another Mainstream release available again...and a new Blue Mitchell (to me).

    Thank you, KingCake, for you generosity in sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, KingCake,
    nice share... really appreciated. Even my cat would have been impressed ... if I only had one (let alone sheep).
    But seriously folks: Blue Mitchell's next Mainstream album would be "Blue's Blues" with John Mayall and Freddie Robinson, a patchy thing reminding of Mayall's strange "Jazz Blues Fusion" album,- so this and Blue's first Mainstream album (Quintet Mainstream 315) are better examples of Mitchell's stint with Mainstream records.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot !! Much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big sound upgrade - thnx KC and Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks King Cake and Grumpy - on above recommendations I must listen I say.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy smokes.... thanks for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks.

    It sure looks vital.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had this from some not-so-great vinyl. This sounds MUCH better. I am really enjoying the music. Thanks KC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many thanks, never heard this one before now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much! Blue had such a beautiful sound!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grumpy's enthusiasm makes me curious! Thanks KC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! A solid outing by Blue and Joe. Thank you for sharing, KC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vital Blue.rar
    http://www.embedupload.com/?d=5JQXGQNJJ2

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the re-up KingCake. Always appreciated by this newbie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks KC for this later rip/upgrade of this great LP

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for this KingCake, it competes my Blue Mitchell collection on Mainstream. I wonder whether Ace will be re-issuing it on CD any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you very much for the upgrade, KC!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! It must still be Christmas! Wonderful to have the upgrade, KC.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the upgrade, KingCake, sounds really nice! Assorted titles of the Mainstream catalogue have been re-issued on Sony as japanese miniature LP cover CDs (Art Farmer, Jimmy Raney, Dizzy Gillespie...), maybe this one, too?!?

    ReplyDelete
  28. From what I can tell the only Mainstream Blue Mitchell album reissued in Japan is the eponymous one I posted an LP rip of, last May.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you. This will be my first listen and glad I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Decidedly curious about what looks like another recovered gem. Thank you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  31. NEW LINK: https://1fichier.com/?lfmqdve2tu

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks a lot for this rare item!! Must have missed it, both at the time of its release and here.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete