Dunno if it is just me but I've got probs with a few of the files...
cd_1_in_the_world.part1.rar: Checksum error in CD 1 In The World\03 - Ouagoudougou.flac. The file is corrupt cd3_rhythm_x-shades_of_edward_blackwell.part3.rar: Checksum error in CD3 Rhythm X-Shades of Edward Blackwell\10 - Shades of General Lefty.flac. The file is corrupt cd4_pharoah_sanders-izipho_zam.part1.rar: Checksum error in CD4 Pharoah Sanders-Izipho Zam\03 - Izipho Zam.flac. The file is corrupt cd5_wilbur_ware-super_bass.part1.rar: Checksum error in CD5 Wilbur Ware-Super Bass\03 - Wilbur's Red Cross.flac. The file is corrupt
I've redownloaded from different sites but no joy :-(
I can't get anything out of that corrupt 2 but...are you sure they are corrupted in the first place? I didn't seem to have any trouble with the Wilbur Ware even though it said file broken. Seems like one part has a track broken but it's OK on the other part. I'll have to screen all of them (5 hours) and check to see if they're OK.
Ouagoudougou.flac; Shades of General Lefty.flac; Izipho Zam.flac Are definitely corrupted (files are truncated). Not sure about Wilbur's Red Cross.flac. The file seems ok despite the checksum error. Corrupt2.rar is not available for download ??
Thanks. Some explanation is required though, as Clifford Jordan doesn't play on three of the discs. I was only just listening to tracks from the Cecil Payne this afternoon, and am overjoyed to find it here. Very good.
You have to understand the nature of Strata-East which was run by and for the artists - these 7 dates were all supervised by Jordan for something he called The Eric Dolphy Series - those on which he didn't play, he played the producers role.
Many Thanks KC for the corrected files. Appreciate your work
@Andy - The links below to the Mosaic site have good info about Strata East & these recordings. In short Clifford played on some of these sessions & supervised others. http://www.mosaicrecords.com/discography.asp?number=256-MD-CD&price=$102.00&copies=6%20CDs http://www.mosaicrecords.com/prodinfo.asp?number=256-MD-CD&gclid=CJ7F4dX5u8ECFQZvvAodK2YA0w
Nice pick! I got these when the box was released and have been enjoying them ever since. Here's hoping it leads to more quality Strata East reissues! Thanks for this one, KC.
Hi, King Cake. I tried with no success to open the rar files for the Ed Blackwell and Wilbur Ware sessions using the usually trusty stuffit expander. However, The files for corrupt1 and corrupt2 open perfectly, for which, many, many thanks. Great stuff indeed. Am I doing something stupid (not unusual for me) or is it just too late for the albums? Thanks again.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.embedupload.com/?d=1DZBMCITRW-cd_1_in_the_world.part1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=9IABBWKXEF-cd_1_in_the_world.part2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0TNWABIOJY-cd2_cecil_payne-zodiac.part1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=7QHYSGN4DW-cd2_cecil_payne-zodiac.part2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=6UCWHINFLH-cd3_rhythm_x-shades_of_edward_blackwell.part1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=4ZZFNKA5MG-cd3_rhythm_x-shades_of_edward_blackwell.part2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0WKEFIKYHF-cd3_rhythm_x-shades_of_edward_blackwell.part3.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=34MVNWH5AI-cd4_pharoah_sanders-izipho_zam.part1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=14NVMJARLB-cd4_pharoah_sanders-izipho_zam.part2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=6CIYFBM1MM-cd5_wilbur_ware-super_bass.part1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=4SBSSJMQWF-cd5_wilbur_ware-super_bass.part2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=4XUBMSASGP-cd6_glass_bead_games.part1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0HGSAUFPIU-cd6_glass_bead_games.part2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=6XGPFWAWKJ-cd6_glass_bead_games.part3.rar
I know this is a Clifford Jordan retrospective, but personally, I can never hear enough Cecil Payne. Thanks a bunch.
ReplyDelete-peacenik
Oh KC, you l'il darlin' :-)
ReplyDeleteMany thanks KC - Not heard any of the strata east stuff before.
ReplyDeleteHi KC
ReplyDeleteDunno if it is just me but I've got probs with a few of the files...
cd_1_in_the_world.part1.rar: Checksum error in CD 1 In The World\03 - Ouagoudougou.flac. The file is corrupt
cd3_rhythm_x-shades_of_edward_blackwell.part3.rar: Checksum error in CD3 Rhythm X-Shades of Edward Blackwell\10 - Shades of General Lefty.flac. The file is corrupt
cd4_pharoah_sanders-izipho_zam.part1.rar: Checksum error in CD4 Pharoah Sanders-Izipho Zam\03 - Izipho Zam.flac. The file is corrupt
cd5_wilbur_ware-super_bass.part1.rar: Checksum error in CD5 Wilbur Ware-Super Bass\03 - Wilbur's Red Cross.flac. The file is corrupt
I've redownloaded from different sites but no joy :-(
corrupt tracks
ReplyDeletehttp://www.embedupload.com/?d=5TEEDUGGLX-corrupt1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=1FABKOH3IG-corrupt2.rar
I can't get anything out of that corrupt 2 but...are you sure they are corrupted in the first place? I didn't seem to have any trouble with the Wilbur Ware even though it said file broken. Seems like one part has a track broken but it's OK on the other part. I'll have to screen all of them (5 hours) and check to see if they're OK.
ReplyDeleteOuagoudougou.flac; Shades of General Lefty.flac; Izipho Zam.flac Are definitely corrupted (files are truncated).
ReplyDeleteNot sure about Wilbur's Red Cross.flac. The file seems ok despite the checksum error.
Corrupt2.rar is not available for download ??
corrupt 2
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.co.nz/#!LJAgFbYK!2DoDBcsSVUtZF59BH5kWQ93SpGJXMJ4iLpvd8MeEFRU
A bit more confusing than the usual download, but this looks like super stuff! Thanks once more.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Some explanation is required though, as Clifford Jordan doesn't play on three of the discs. I was only just listening to tracks from the Cecil Payne this afternoon, and am overjoyed to find it here. Very good.
ReplyDeleteYou have to understand the nature of Strata-East which was run by and for the artists - these 7 dates were all supervised by Jordan for something he called The Eric Dolphy Series - those on which he didn't play, he played the producers role.
ReplyDeleteMany Thanks KC for the corrected files. Appreciate your work
ReplyDelete@Andy - The links below to the Mosaic site have good info about Strata East & these recordings. In short Clifford played on some of these sessions & supervised others.
http://www.mosaicrecords.com/discography.asp?number=256-MD-CD&price=$102.00&copies=6%20CDs
http://www.mosaicrecords.com/prodinfo.asp?number=256-MD-CD&gclid=CJ7F4dX5u8ECFQZvvAodK2YA0w
Nice pick! I got these when the box was released and have been enjoying them ever since. Here's hoping it leads to more quality Strata East reissues! Thanks for this one, KC.
ReplyDeleteSomething of a treasure lode of Clifford Jordan! Only knew of Glass Bead Games before. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteChampion post KC.
ReplyDeleteNo explanation required...but a Big Thank You is. Ta KC for all the efforts on this one.
ReplyDeleteThanks a million for these! Had not heard the Blackwell or Pharoah tracks. Such an interesting period in the music, many many thanks!
ReplyDelete@Daver88. Thank you sir.
ReplyDeleteIncredible post! The one I was missing is the Pharoah so thanks for that.
ReplyDeleteIs there any way to just get "Ouagoudougou" from Disc #1?
ReplyDeleteThat one is still corrupt and cuts off after about 4 minutes?
Thanks.
It's in corrupt 1 DEEP
ReplyDeleteOoops. My mistake. I got it.
ReplyDeleteCLASP!
Hi, King Cake. I tried with no success to open the rar files for the Ed Blackwell and Wilbur Ware sessions
ReplyDeleteusing the usually trusty stuffit expander. However, The files for corrupt1 and corrupt2 open perfectly, for
which, many, many thanks. Great stuff indeed. Am I doing something stupid (not unusual for me) or is it
just too late for the albums? Thanks again.