Monday, September 8, 2014

Tony Scott - Golden Moments

The original rip comes courtesy of our old friend Sotise - this Muse release was a reissue of a little known 1959 session featuring some serious heavyweights.

"Tony Scott was one of the major jazz clarinetists of the 1950s, but his decision to become a world traveler in 1960 has resulted in him becoming rather obscure. This valuable Muse release features the clarinetist in top form on an original blues and four standards (including 12-minute versions of "Walkin'" and "Melancholy Baby") in a quartet that also includes the up-and-coming pianist Bill Evans (who had just left Miles Davis' sextet), bassist Jimmy Garrison, and drummer Pete LaRoca. The bop-oriented improvisations hold one's interest and make one wish that Scott had stayed in New York throughout the '60s; he had much more to say. [Golden Moments was reissued as part of 32 Jazz's double-disc set, At Last, in 1999.]" Yanow, AMG

11 comments:

  1. Golden Moments.rar
    http://www.embedupload.com/?d=6RNIGGALE4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, KC and Sotise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this and its companion lp somewhere years back (inconstantsol, maybe?) and I still enjoy both albums quite a lot. This is the most powerful playing from Scott that I've heard and nothing needs to be said about the rhythm section! Thank for you sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I have Zen & Yoga lps, which I enjoy, but are certainly not jazz. So this is a real treat for me to hear him actually playing jazz. Bill Evans sounds great too. Thanks.
    -peacenik

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill Evans has long been my favorite pianist. I wasn't familiar with Tony Scott until introduced to him by "the jazzman". It's really cool hearing them together. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWEET. Thank u for this. Cant wait to hear part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks KC and Sotice was missing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really interesting group, many thanks!

    ReplyDelete