Sunday, June 1, 2014
Booker Ervin - Booker N' Brass (lp rip to flac)
I know that I've posted the cd version of this (which came from our old friend Ron The Jazzman) on a couple of previous occasions, but I came upon a vinyl copy a while back and couldn't resist. It was an original Pacific Jazz pressing and in the store it looked really clean.....It wasn't....my old eyes deceived me. Fortunately there have been some serious upgrades to both hardware and software on the KCC ripping rig. It took some work, I think it sounds better than the cd. It feels more dynamic to me. Vinyl ripping freaks please let me know what ya think.
Labels:
Booker Ervin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=2TOYBHM2RD-booker_n_brass_[lp_rip_.part1.rar
ReplyDeletehttp://www.embedupload.com/?d=6XZ1JMFZGW-booker_n_brass_[lp_rip_.part2.rar
Thaks for this record.
ReplyDeletethat's for sure, grumpy. the vinyl version sounds way better. the original pressings from the 60's & 70's are great, normally ....
ReplyDelete... and thank you anyway for all the great work you've done all over the last years.
ReplyDeletefred
sounds great to me, but I don't own this cd for comparison. however, lately i have been comparing online vinyl rips to my own cds, and i think that 75% of time, the vinyl rips sound better, esp if the cd is a remaster. i'm not a 'vinyl is god" person, in fact i don't own a record player anymore. but I do find that many newer cds sound horribly compressed and in-your-face, with dynamics wiped out in favor of extreme bass boom & treble. talk about ear fatigue! for instance the blue note rvg remasters that i've compared sound really bad next to the vinyl rips or even the original cds from the 80s. by sharing these vinyl rips, i think your helping keep the historical legacy of the artist & music alive, the way it was intended to sound upon original release. thanks for all you do, here at behind the other doors. -john
ReplyDeleteAnyone know if Melanchthon and Sic Non Vos Vobis has resurfaced anywhere?
ReplyDeleteThank you KC. The LP rip sound is great!!
ReplyDeleteHi Doug S.,
Melanchthon disappeared before.
Don't worry, every time he came back!!
Just downloading now, so I haven't heard the rip yet, but I'd have to concur with KC and anonymous-john. A good vinyl rip (underline good) generally sounds better than a pucker CD - perhaps to do with the fact that it's recorded in real time from analogue to WAV - as it reproduces quite faithfully the dynamic range of the original. I have noticed this when transferring vinyl 45s to HD - they sound just as good. And the albums that I transferred from vinyl some fifteen years ago, via vintage Garrard 401 with Linn Basik arm to my pro HHB CDR-800 recorder, blow the CD versions out the feckin' window!! ... As for RVG Blue Note remasters, it has also struck me that the first generation CDs from the 80s are usually superior sounding to the LOUD later issues....I also did a CD comparison between a Japanese issue of Horace Silver's 'Fingerpoppin' and the RVG version, and there's no doubt that though the Jap one was slightly quieter, the sound was also distinctly better nuanced and much more listenable......Keep up the good work KC, and thanks!!
ReplyDelete