Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ivan “Boogaloo Joe” Jones - Snake Rhythm Rock (1973) [vinyl>flac]

'Snake Rhythm Rock' is the seventh album by jazz-groove guitarist Ivan “Boogaloo Joe” Jones. It was recorded in 1972 and released in 1973 on the Prestige label; produced by Ozzie Cadena and engineered by the great Rudy van Gelder. “Boogaloo Joe” joins forces with Rusty Bryant on killer tenor and alto, Butch Cornell on pulsating organ, Jimmy Lewis on driving electric bass and Grady Tate banging away on drums. The album’s five funky jazz cuts are absolutely dominated by the tight guitar stylings of Jones, Cornell’s lively organ licks and Bryant’s gravelly voiced sax. Enjoy this short but wonderful LP.

Ivan Boogaloo Joe Jones recorded a number of sides for Prestige Records during the early 70s. This is another great Boogaloo Joe Jones album. A monster set of work by one of the funkiest guitar players. ~ by dj fanis


Prestige Records, PR 10056, 1973
Recorded 24th November, 1972 at Rudy van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey

Personnel:
Ivan “Boogaloo Joe” Jones - Guitar
Butch Cornell - Organ
Rusty Bryant - Alto & Tenor Saxophones
Jimmy Lewis - Electric Bass
Grady Tate - Drums

Track Listing:
A1. Hoochie Coo Chickie {Boogaloo Jones} (5:23)
A2. Snake Rhythm Rock {Boogaloo Jones} (5:27)
A3. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face {Ewan Maccoll} (5:46)
B1. He's So Fine {Ronald Mack} (6:28)
B2. Big Bad Midnight Roller {Boogaloo Jones} (9:49)

Credits:
Producer - Ozzie Cadena
Recording Engineer - Rudy van Gelder

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Chris! Never seen this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to this once the wife is awake and I can crank this up.

    Thnx/Otis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris. I have a thing for Boogaloo Joe Jones. I think it is the Boogaloo part of the name. So, if I never pass over a sampling experience. I arrived a bit late to this wonderful blog and found the uploaded file has expired. So, you know ol' eagle eye here will really appreciate it if you ever get the time to re-upload this album.

    ReplyDelete