Monday, February 23, 2015

Eric Kloss - Essence [new 24/48 vinyl rip]

Even better than the last and in 24/48 Flac too!

 Eric Kloss - Essence
Muse 5038, 1974

A1 Love Will Take You There 15:38
A2 Affinity 8:57
B1 Essence 16:36
B2 Descent 3:40

Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Eric Kloss
Bass – Buster Williams
Drums – Ron Krasinski

Piano, Electric Piano – Mickey Tucker
Trumpet – Marvin 'Hannibal' Peterson

 I have always really adored this one and personally I think the new rip sounds audibly better. Kloss plays tenor on side one, alto on side two. The more I examine Eric's work, the more I've come to believe that tenor was his strongest axe; his alto work is more Cannonball influenced and as such less original, while his tenor work seems to express his personal voice more convincingly. The rhythm section is exceptional, Buster and Mickey both shine. I remember that at the time, for me, the revelation of this album was Marvin 'Hannibal' Peterson who sparkles throughout this modal post-bop romp.

12 comments:

  1. Great!! Thanks a lot, KingCake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for posting Eric Kloss. I am enjoying his recordings, which I completely missed out on over the years. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sound is wonderful! A great vinyl rip like this sounds so good. Opening track very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this upgrade KC,really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks KC, this newer rip is has more sound integrity that new rig has paid off

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Chris, I'm encouraged you could hear the diff -- I'm still a couple steps behind the rest of my brothers here, but I am closing the gap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Essence.rar
    http://www.embedupload.com/?d=6FCTGJQGEW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this album, going for the upgrade! Many thanks KC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi King! halas, embedupload leads nowhere: no more working file... Any hope to hear that rip? Thks for your magic place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi King! halas, embedupload leads nowhere: no more working file... Any hope to hear that rip? Thks for your magic place!
    zardoz1984

    ReplyDelete
  11. King, sorry for the request: you posted it on Muse revisited! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete