Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rapidshare News

I think perhaps the ominous clouds are not the end after all, I've updated some info at the bottom -- lucky5 found something on a forum that you guys may want to test on some locked Rapidshare links:

This was posted today on a forum:

Got this email today as I am a Rapid Share user. Hope this helps all. We have to be on poster authorization to download more than the 30 GB.

Dear customer,

kindly note that the sharing of files with friends on your contact list can still be unlimited.

For RapidPro Users the Traffic is as follows:

-Public Traffic. 30 GB of your data can be downloaded daily from users which are not logged in or on your contact list with the according rights.

-Group and Self Traffic. You and people on your contact list with the according rights can download your files unlimited and without any restriction.

Therefore if you are on the Contact List of a person sharing you a file, you can download unlimited, no matter if you have RapidPro or not.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again. 


Well if I am interpreting them correctly, even a free user with an account may enjoy some advantages over someone unregistered. The contact list thing might work on a private blog but not likely on a public one from a sheer numbers aspect, but it also seems to infer that even for a free user, being logged in may help. I am also experimenting with Rapidshare's dpownload manager which claims to offer added functionality that I have yet to be able confirm. I can also tell you that DAP (download accelerator plus) now works on Rapidshare links. Mediafire seems to be an increasingly lost cause but RS still works, it just requires some patience.

13 comments:

  1. Hope this is the solution. Really admire the work you do and would hate to see it go dark. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping the fat-lady's song at bay.
    A nail-biting story all the way.
    You rascal, you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm now a free user in Rapidshare. Yesterday, for the first time in months, I was able to download two files simultaneously. I had a paid acount months ago but when they started with "Rapid Pro", "Rapid Points" "Free Rapids" "Rapid drive" instead of a easy monthly payment, I quit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all!Im not quite sure I know what to do in order to download?can someone explain slowly. Thank you and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, if one is in the contact lsit of a Rapishare pro user the donwload amount is unlimited :
    "In the future RapidShare will use a classic hosting model which means that not only the storage space but also the traffic created will be paid solely by the owner of the file. The prices will not change. With RapidPro you automatically have unlimited traffic for your own downloads of your files and the downloads by your contacts. Additionally you have 30 GB public traffic per day. The recipients of your files have no download limitations whatsoever regardless of if they have RapidPro, a free account or no account at all!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. i checked out a r/s download page and i couldn't see any contact area to use..

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 30 GB of public traffic is what screws up everything. I wonder why they set a limit for that.
    What's the real purpose? They are quite secretive about it. If I got it right, you need to be in this phantomatic contact list (never seen one) of the uploader in order to download without limits. Incidentally, there are several million RS links scattered across the web, posted by who knows how many millions of uploaders, that you might want to download. You can't be in every uploader's contact list so you must rely on his/her 30 GB of allowed public traffic.
    They run out pretty fast and you keep getting that irritating “file owner's public traffic exahausted”all the time. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Did I get it right? If anyone has further advice...
    Arvin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have actually just come up with a scheme to continue all of this as a fully public but still private blog that never ever has to publish a single link anywhere if we organize in a pyramid sharing system - links only arrive via email and each person has a list of 5 people to pass the link to from his account - 30 people with free accounts could service up to 2 or 300! Geez! Why does it take me so long to think of these things now, when I was young I would have seen it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi King, just found these pages that all RapidShare users – and not only - may find quite interesting. After reading them you will want to put even darker clouds on top of the blog, I'm afraid. But so it goes...
    Arvin
    http://torrentfreak.com/rapidshare-removes-piracy-deterring-slowdowns-121029/
    http://torrentfreak.com/rapidshare-publishes-anti-piracy-manifesto-for-cyberlockers-120419/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, that's it for RS. I had actually used a variant of King's workaround suggested by another user, by enlisting some of the more active uploaders as contacts.

    (You can get to adding Contacts through the RS File Manager on the website by right-clicking on the Contacts menu. It sends an invitation out to the uploader who then accepts, and the two or three or four of you are contacts with unlimited uploads.)

    There are lots of other cyberlockers up there, including Rapidgator, Depositfiles and Hotmail. RS is acting like the reformed drunk, becoming the most fervent apostle of abstinence. What a bunch of hypocrites.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let me ask a basic question - if uploaders are careful with file names, using cryptic symbols and not real world abbreviations, how does RS parse them? Does RS have the ability to read the tags? Or is it trolling public blogs to see what's being posted? (Pretty unlikely, I'm just throwing it out.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can confirm that utilizing contacts is a workaround, at least for RS pro. I've asked several users to accept the contact invite, and that allows unlimited sharing. However, I'm not sure it works for Free users,

    ReplyDelete