Tuesday, September 4, 2012

George Lewis At Club Hangover Vol. 3

It's a shame that I don't have Vol. 2 of this series, but I will keep an eye out.  Vol. 3 brings us more from this great engagement, with all the players firing on all cylinders.

Ripped at 24/44.1 wav and dithered to 16/44.1 FLAC... enjoy!!!

Storyville SLP-4055
Club Hangover, San Francisco, CA  (11/07/1953-12/27/1953)

George Lewis (clarinet); Laurence Marrero (vocals, banjo); Avery Howard (vocals, trumpet); Joe Watkins (vocals, drums); Lizzie Miles (vocals); Jim Robinson (trombone); Alton Purnell (piano)

9 comments:

  1. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lj7qb24e5p3wepb

    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9v3z6wdvukom709

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the two George Lewis posts. They do put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have volume 2 but in mp3. Are you interested?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes of course Luis, post the link here and I will create a space for it. For that matter I may simply combine all three into one post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is the link for Volume 2:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1831978709/George Lewis - Club Hangover_ Vol 2.rar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, but links to Vol. 1 are dead already; could we have a repost, please?

    ReplyDelete