
Once again, a brand new rip - MUCH better than the old one.
Richard 'Groove' Holmes - Shippin' Out
Muse 5134, 1978
recorded 1977
1) Feelings
2) Windows
3) Stella By Starlight
4) Where or When
5) Shippin' Out
Groove Holmes organ, David Schnitter tenor sax, Steve Giordano guitar, Idris Muhammed drums, Bobby Caldwell conga
Are those the twin towers of the World Trade Center I see off in the distance on this cover shot? I guess this one is pretty rare since I can't even find mention of it on google. I found my copy at a discogs vendor who specializes in punk rock and when I received it the vinyl looked like some punk rockers had played frisbee with it. After a good cleaning, a re-rip and a pass through Izotope RX3, I think it sounds awesome!
This is a nice record -- Groove is well, Groove and Schnitter and Giordano give fine performances on tenor and guitar in support. and as it says in the liner notes: "The players are fine. The music is fine. The recording is excellent. These are the facts."
Many thanks, always a thrill to find something I've never heard of! Groove Holmes is one of my top organists much appreciated
ReplyDeletehttp://www.embedupload.com/?d=3IQWHEQ3FU-shippin__out.part2.rar
ReplyDeletehttp://www.embedupload.com/?d=6SOIRWDGET-shippin__out.part1.rar
Thanks for another chance to get a cleaner rip of this beauty. I'm keen to compare the results of your new gear KC.
ReplyDeleteDon't have the first one to compare but this is very, very nice! Big Holmes fan and organ jazz in particular. SBS just smokes. Don't know of Giordano but he definitely has the chops. One of those albums that I enjoy all the tunes and this rip makes it all the more fun. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteVery nice upgrade, thanks KingCake.
ReplyDeleteSounds good. I think you're getting the hang of this digital transfer thing! Thanks KC.
ReplyDeleteThanks KC
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan and had a 320 of this ..but this sounds great
Cheers
Those would indeed be WTC towers in the background. The picture is of the southern tip of Manhattan, as seen from Liberty Island or maybe from the Brooklyn piers.
ReplyDeletethank you for the new rip, KC!
ReplyDeleteAlways love The Mighty Burner . . . Many thanks!
ReplyDeleteThe B3 sound always takes me back to my childhood, they seemed to be everywhere in those days, thanks KC!
ReplyDelete